Whenever a person becomes passionate to work from home, freelancing on Fiverr appears as the best platform to start for beginners. But the first question is how to make money on Fiverr with exact steps taken. This guide clears the path for beginners to start their freelancing journey.
Freelancing has proved its worth during the Coronavirus lockdown. Studies have shown that remote work is the best solution to cope with such work-attire changes. People have started thinking about why not to opt freelancing as their profession.
When we talk about freelancing, some prominent online platforms appear in our minds. Fiverr is one of them.
In this blog, we will go deep down to those exact steps through which any newbie freelancer can start earning.
Before we start talking about it, look at the table of content so you have an idea about the topics that we will go through.
Table of Contents
- What is Fiverr? Why is Fiverr suitable for beginners?
- How Fiverr works?
- Before you get started on Fiverr:
- Find the Best Fiverr Niche
- Know your Audience
- Learn your skills online
- How to get started on Fiverr
- Create Your Seller Profile
- Common Mistakes in Gigs
- Create Top-Ranked Gig
- How to get more orders on Fiverr
- Common Fiverr Issues
- Safety Tips for Fiverr Freelancers
- Things to do while freelancing
- Start Earning Now
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a renowned platform offering freelancing services. Freelancers post their skills, and then buyers buy their chosen services. Fiverr Website works as a mediator between both parties.
How Fiverr Works?
To give you an understanding of the Fiverr work mechanism, read below simple steps.
- Freelancers, also called Fiverr Seller, create a profile and build their first Gig of any work category. This Gig will be visible to the global audience.
- Sellers get orders from buyers.
- Sellers deliver the work as per agreement discussed mutually.
- Freelancers get paid after Fiverr deducts its commission.
Why is Fiverr Good for Beginners?
You can find plenty of freelancing platforms online, but why is Fiverr good for you? Well, Fiverr does not neglect you just because you are a newbie. You have fair chances to compete with other professional freelancers.
Fiverr allows beginners to start selling their services at the lowest rate of $5. Other freelancing platforms have minimum criteria to start working as a freelancer.
Over time, newbies improve their skills and make themselves comfortable at earning online. That’s why freelancing is the top choice for young freelancers.
To have a more precise idea on Fiverr, watch this exclusive live-session on YouTube.
Before You Get Started On Fiverr:
Before you start your Fiverr journey, it’s better to get clarified on some things that you will need later.
Find the best Fiverr Niche:
What is a niche? It is your service that you will sell to your gig buyers. Fiverr has multiple slots on its platform. Then which niche should you choose?
Practice this method, and you will find the best one.
- Visit the Fiverr platform and review the top 50 gigs. Analyze the domain of these gigs and make a niche list.
- Now, choose the one niche from the list that you know already. Conduct Google search about it. Understand which work slot is suitable for your passion and work behavior.
- That will be your Fiverr work niche.
Know your Audience:
We know well that there are two sides to every business/professional communication. The client and the worker. Keep it in mind that you are the worker, and you need to convince your clients.
How can you convince a client to work with you? You have to work long before the start of work.
First, you must be aware of your target audience.
Whom will you work with on Fiverr?
Your audience will be professional freelancers who outsource their work, small businesses, local and international, startups, and people who don’t know much about technology.
So do your pre-assessment of all such clients. Learn about their behavior. Learn how to negotiate with them. What do they want? What are their requirements, expectations, and drawbacks?
Have clarity about your audience, and you will not get any trouble during the work.
Learn Your Skills
Now, you have a keen understanding of your niche and audience. It’s reasonable that you review your skill level.
Ask these questions to yourself:
- How good am I at this skill?
- Is it enough to satisfy my audience’s needs?
- Do I need to learn it more or not?
A famous quote about online earning is Learner is Earner. So keep learning and embrace a better skill level.
For new beginners, we will advise them to join an authentic online course. Review the content of the course thoroughly before entering it.
Here are some of the best Fiverr online courses from the web.
- Online Freelancing Essentials by Fiverr
- Fiverr Training Program by Dankash
- Fiverr Courses on Udemy
- Complete Fiverr Course by SkillShare
Apart from these courses, there are plenty of YouTube channels that give you FREE expert opinions and tips about Fiverr and other freelancing platforms.
Dankash Success is a YouTube learning channel designed for new freelancers. You can go through the videos of the channel to find answers to your queries.
We have discussed enough pre-requisites of Fiverr. Now let’s get started working on Fiverr.
How to get started on Fiverr?
What is your first step when you start work? You get yourself registered for that work. The same is with Fiverr.
You start your journey by creating a profile, and then you move ahead for freelancing.
Create Your Seller Profile
Fiverr Seller profile is created after going through these steps:
Step 1: Personal information is filled out.
Step 2: Professional skills, certifications, education, and any other additional info is given.
Step 3: Your social accounts such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter are linked with the profile.
Step 4: Some security questions and answers are saved to ensure account safety.
Follow these tips while creating a profile:
- Give all information true.
- Don’t add any fake skill or certification that you don’t have.
- Show all of your skills.
- Show your real face in the description.
Bravo! You have successfully created your Fiverr Seller profile now.
Create a Top-Ranked Gig
Now come to the part where earning starts. That is your Fiverr Gig.
The Gig is just like a proposal or bid. It includes title, description of your services, and any additional feature you add.
Remember one thing:
Your Gig is your first interaction with the client.
Naturally, your earning will start when the buyers see your Gig. And they will see your Gig only if it is ranked on first pages.
Common Mistakes in the Gigs:
Many new freelancers find it difficult to rank their gigs on the first pages. It’s just because their concerts are not remarkable to stand out.
Some common mistakes that beginners commit are:
- Copy-paste gigs.
- Duplicate gigs i.e., the same Gig, are posted again.
- Confused title.
- No clear description.
- Excessive use of irrelevant keywords and tags.
- No pricing section in description.
How to create a top-ranked gig?
So what is our primary concern now? To rank the Gig on the first page on Fiverr.
Let’s learn how to create a top-ranked Fiverr gig.
Before writing the Gig, find the top search keywords and tags by reviewing the top 10 gigs. You will recognize them easily.
Now, follow these steps and guidelines while creating the Gig.
- Use a catchy title and use a primary keyword in it. Use such phrases that show you are confident.
- In the description, describe the scope of the service briefly. Don’t brag about yourself.
- Mention pricing details in an exact manner that is clear to everyone.
- Use keywords and search tags in the description. Add 4-5 search tags and keywords.
- Don’t forget to mention your requirements. It will throw away any upcoming confusion.
- Add high quality and unique images for your Gig.
- Adding a video to the Gig will boost its ranking. Studies have proved that video increases Gig by 200%.
- Run in-page SEO of your Gig.
- Publish your Gig at a time when your audience is online.
- Keep updating your Gig.
Now you have learned to create an attractive gig. But that doesn’t mean that you are all set for a handsome earning on Fiverr.
You still need to learn how to get more orders on Fiverr.
How to get more orders on Fiverr?
To prove yourself a successful Fiverr Seller, you have to learn the skills to grab the buyers.
When a buyer contacts you, you need to convince him/her that you are the best person to get the work done. But how?
Learn and practice these tips whenever you work with a buyer:
- Demonstrate your uniqueness from others.
- Offer a reasonable price but not too low.
- Deliver more than expected.
- Show excellent feedback.
- Show your commitment to work.
- Give a work guarantee.
- Promote your Gig on other platforms.
- Make multiple gigs of your skills.
Make sure to implement all of the requirements.
Common Fiverr Issues
The world is diverse, and not everybody has the same work passion. Due to this, people face some issues while working on Fiverr.
Some common issues that people face on Fiverr are:
- Fiverr charges too much.
- Scam buyers and sellers are present.
- Buyers sometimes refuse to pay for the work.
- Buyers pay less than the agreed rate.
- Sellers deliver low-quality and plagiarized work.
- Buyers compromise deadlines.
Safety Tips while working on Fiverr
If you cannot save others from such scams and problems, at least you can save yourself.
Follow these safety tips to enjoy a safe freelancing experience on Fiverr.
- Review the buyer’s reputation and work history.
- Review the buyer’s payment system.
- Don’t communicate with buyers other than Fiverr.
- Keep a record of the conversation and agreement.
- Don’t share personal details with the buyer.
- Show your work progress to the buyer and then proceed to the next phase.
- Deliver your work in stages.
- Don’t accept payment trough any alternate payment method.
- Report to Fiverr if the buyer shows any misbehavior.
Things to do while freelancing
Your freelancing journey is your lifetime career. Don’t act like you are not professional.
To enhance your freelancing success, act upon these activities also.
- Run a blog about your work
- Help new freelancers through Q&A sessions
- Enhance your social network
- Attend freelancing meetups
- Stay active in community forums
- Keep building your portfolio.
Start Earning Now
Now you have understood exact steps on how to make money on Fiverr. So rather than waiting for a suitable time, start it now.
Just to remind you that studies have predicted that more than 50% of the global workforce will work as freelancers by 2025. Don’t be late and be part of the growing gig economy.
If you have a passion for being a pro in Fiverr freelancing, enroll in our Complete Fiverr Training Program. This program will establish you as a Fiverr Top-Seller freelancer in the industry.
To keep your learning thirst fulfilled, read our other blogs on freelancing and join the newsletter to get an expert opinion.